August has arrived and with it, for many, those desired holidays in Formentera.
We know that it is a month of happiness, white sand, crystal clear waters, sunsets and a lot of beach bars, but also a month of hangovers, stress and queues.
For this reason, here are some tips to survive August in Formentera:
- Load your suitcase with the following essentials: HIGH sun protection, pareo, hat, glasses, flip-flops, slippers and an Italian translation application. Formentera is Little Italy.
- If you can, rent a motorbike to move around the island.
- If you finally choose to move by car, make it electric, so you forget to pay parking and blue parking zone throughout the island and, incidentally, improve the environment.
- Cycling can be a lot of fun and practical, but if you’re not used to doing sports, you’d better opt for another option, the island is bigger than it looks and the sun bites with rage from early morning.
- If you don’t want to spend a lot of money, all the supermarkets on the island make sandwiches, take advantage and prepare your picnic to take to the beach.
- If you want calm, try to get up early and don’t stay in the centre of the beach, always walk towards the extremes. Find your corner and keep it secret during all your holiday.
- The paellas in the beach bars are a classic, but if you do not want to ruin yourself, there are also traditional restaurants in the interior that you’ll love. Ask the gentleman who says “Gracis”, he’ll know where the restaurants of “tota sa vida” are.
- If you plan to go to dinner at some well known restaurant on the island, book first, if you can’t, try to arrive very soon or at the last minute.
- If you have to do some shopping, take advantage of the craft market of la Mola, you will easily find something original as a souvenir of your stay on the Island.
- Don’t leave the island without seeing a sunset and, if you like sports, enjoy it on a kayak or paddle surf. A different and wonderful experience.
- Another good option is to enjoy the sunset with a cocktail in one of the island’s ‘beach clubs’ and keep dancing until dawn.ada.
En definitiva, disfruta el momento. Es el mejor secreto para disfrutar del agosto de tus sueños en Formentera.
Pic by beach-inspector.com